Friday, March 20, 2009

Surprise!


Today was a great day! Nels mom and Dad, aka Nana and Gramps, came up and surprised the girls. First they showed up at the house to surprise Emily and then they went to Ella's school to eat lunch with her. Ella loves to have people come eat lunch with her, especially on Friday's for lunch bunch. I told her this morning that I would not be there, so she was not expecting anyone to show up. I know it made her day! Thanks for coming up Nana and Gramps:)

Today Jacob turns 2 months old. I cannot believe that he just arrived two months ago, it feels like he has always been apart of our family. He just fits. He is such a sweet boy. He loves to cuddle up in my neck and take a nap. He loves kisses from his sisters and hearing all about our day. When we talk to him he tries to mimic our lip movements like he is going to talk back to us. He is very observant and always knows where I am. He is a mommy's boy! He is a great sleeper and he is pretty laid back. What a blessing! We were supposed to go in for his two month check up today, but I had a flat tire and could not make it. I was glad he did not get shots today because we have plans this evening, so I did not want him to feel bad. I did want to find out his weight and height though.

Jacob 2 months old

Jacob Hansen 6lbs 19 1/2 inches long

Tonight we are headed to our church for a goodbye party for our sweet friends John and Stani. They are moving to the Czech Republic for at least a year and we are going to miss them dearly. We will be praying over them tonight for their travels and for the year to come. We are looking forward to see what doors the Lord opens for them and hearing how He will work through them. We will miss you guys ! I will post pictures from dinner tonight.

Stani and John


Nels and John


Stani and I (w/ Jacob)

This picture below is of Nels, Jacob and Gramps, when they came to surprise the girls. Nels happened to be home fixing my flat tire.


Three generations of Hansen men


These flowers were given to us by Emily's friend Mason who lives down the street. I thought it was so sweet that he walked down and brought flowers to Ella, Emily and me. His parents are teaching him very well, always bring flowers for the mom:)




No comments:

Post a Comment