Monday, March 16, 2009

*** As you can all see I still have not been able to change my background. For now I will leave it the way I have it.


I love spring! I love the see the flowers blooming, hear the birds chirping, smell the beautiful jasmine while I am out running and see all the new life. It is so beautiful here this time of year and the way I come to life when the sun hits my skin for the first time in a few months is wonderful. I could spend all day outside breathing in the fresh air. This is the time of year when we begin spring cleaning, throwing out our old junk and making room for new "junk". I always loved getting a new Easter dress this time of year and my girls love it as well. I loved waking up to see what was in my Easter basket and could not wait for the Easter egg hunt with my cousins after lunch. But This year I want to stay focused on the reason we are celebrating Easter, Jesus Christ. We have new life in Him. My Savior died for little old me ( and you) and I just want to remember why we are celebrating this time of year.

On another note, We had a very busy weekend. Nels and Ella ran in the Jr River Run, both girls had a soccer game, Emily had a birthday party to attend, we did some spring cleaning, and Nels and I managed to sneak in a date night. This was Ella's second year running in the river run and now she has her heart set on doing a triathlon. I think she would do great, we just do not have a pool for her to train in, she would have to be able to swim four laps straight. She loves swimming, but has never done laps before. Emily did awesome in her soccer game. She scored three goals and one for the other team. She did not do that on purpose, she was trying to turn the ball back towards her goal and it ended up in the other teams goal. Emily's friend Laci turned five this weekend and had her birhtday party at pump it up. This place is crazy,there are two rooms filled with the big blow up jumpy things. It was loud and crazy, but the girls who work there were so good at rounding the kids up when it was time to move on. Happy birthday Laci. Nels took me (and Jacob) on a date Saturday night to Sishi Rock. I love Sushi and it had been so long since I had any because I was pregnant. It was so yummy! Thanks baby. We also rented the movie Vantage Point with Dennis Quaid and Matthew Fox. It was intense and had a few twists that I did not expect. We also did some spring cleaning yesterday. I love having a clean house. Jacob slept through everything this weekend.

Ella and Nels before the river run
Emily before the soccer game
Emily and her best friend Mason
Jacob in one of his few moments being awake

No comments:

Post a Comment