Friday, June 5, 2009

Growing up and photography questions

A picture of the bottle brush tree outside our house


**** Update**** Kristy, The camera I use is the Cannon Rebel XS.

So today marks Ella's last day of first grade. I cannot believe that she is growing up so fast, I know that is so cliche. I can hardly remember her not being able to read or tie her shoes. She is so independent now, I don't even have to make her breakfast anymore. She wants to be an author when she "grows up" and she is constantly writing stories. I am not a real sad or weepy mom about my kids getting older, I actually love it. Its just that all of the sudden it seems to be going by at double time. Each new year brings more fun outings and memories to be had, each new grade brings more friendships and learning experiences. So for the next few months I will enjoy summer with the kids and in August I will drop them both off at the same school, one in kindergarten and one in second grade. I will look forward to all of their field trips, class parties, and even the homework. At least I still have Jacob at home with me:)


The girls a few years ago

The girls this morning

On another note, I have been trying to take better more creative artistic photos of the kids. I would like to not ever have to take them back to Walmart or some other equivalents photo department and have corny pictures taken of them. For Christmas we got a very nice camera and I am trying to figure how to use it without the automatic setting. I have found that taking pictures of children who will not sit still for very long is very difficult. I do much better with the plants and flowers. If anyone has any tips for me that would be wonderful. I will share some of my favorites so far, but these are just very basic photograpgy 101 folks! I do take lots of pictures of Ella, I just have not been able to practice with them so they are just snap shots from school and stuff. Many more to come this summer when she is home:)



1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are great Ashlee!! What kind of camera is it?

    ReplyDelete