Friday, June 12, 2009

Green Peas, Headbands, swimming, and blueberry picking (well baking)

So Jacob has been eating pureed foods for about a month now. When the doc gave me the go ahead at his four month check up I started giving him the "good stuff". We started with rice cereal, then carrots, avocados, and now peas. He is not terribly excited about his food, he eats it, but he would rather be chewing on his giant bib. So while he is chewing on his bib I manage to shove bites in his mouth and it creates a giant mess. Here he is enjoying his bib, I mean peas.



Jacob has two wonderful big sisters who take great care of him. They entertain him when he is fussy, they sing to him when he is tired, they feed him when he is hungry, and yes when they want a few giggles themselves they place a pink flower headband on his cute little head! Next week I am quite sure I may see him in their favorite Cinderella dress:)

What is summer time without pool time! I took Jacob swimming for the first time today. He seemed to enjoy it, but did not get to excited until his clothes came off and he felt the pool in his birthday suit. I will spare you and him those pictures since I just posted one of the boy in a pink headband. But here are some of the other pictures form the pool. My dad met us at the pool today, we had a great time!



Ella went blueberry picking with her friend Sophia this mornig. She picked two pounds, but I think only made home with a pound. That was plenty to make a cobbler out of, Yummy!

And here it is!


We actually made two, the other one we gave to my parents! You will have to wait until after dinner to find out how it tastes. Also I know that there is some text in bold print as if it is more important than others but I cannot figure out how to fix that problem. Sorry, I really am not computer savvy.

2 comments:

  1. That cobbler looks yummy ! Cooking in the kitchen with your daughters is just the best fun .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm visiting from MBC. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete